Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Whatever Wednesday

Today is cruising along quite graciously - just the way I like it.  My work inbox has about 3 emails in it (no panic attacks here), I am up to speed with all my projects, I got up this morning and was able to shower, blow dry my hair, wear my hair down, AND put on make-up (doesn't happen often).  Today is already considered a win in my book.  Now if I can get myself to work out after work, I will call today a win-win (man, I am clever). 

On this hump day, I would like to talk about the things I am saying "whatever" to today.  Here they are:

1) The dress pants I am wearing today are missing the top button because I tried to squeeze into them when I was pregnant - fail.  I now have a belt holding my pants up and I am wearing a longer shirt to cover it all up.  Whatever.  The belt loops on these pants actually sit below the button so the top of my pants flip out a bit and looks like I am pregnant again. 

2) All my dress clothes are probably black, grey, or white.  At least none of them look like this:
Whatever.

3) I have been bringing hummus, mushrooms, and snap peas to work as a snack all week.  As I was eating my snack today I noticed this:
"Please enjoy within 7 days after opening"
I am pretty sure I bought and opened this like 2 weeks ago, maybe longer.  Whatever.  At least I am not drinking expired milk because that is the WORST!!!!  Insert puke face.

4) I ran 2 miles with KB in the jogging stroller after work last night and thought I was gonna die.  I ran 10 miles last Saturday (by myself) and felt really good afterwards and probably could have kept going.  What the crap!!??  Whatever. 

5) I wasn't able to make it to my work gathering after work last night for drinks.  Instead, I went home, made dinner, had a glass of wine (or 2) and pretended I was there in spirit.  Whatever.

6) In regards to #5 above, I conveniently left out that I also had a couple beers.  Whatever.  On a side note, if you have never tried a honey bear (1/2 Leinie's Honey Weiss and 1/2 Leinie's Berry Weiss) go to the store right now and pick some up.  Then try to tell me how you can only have 1.  SOOO GOOD!  Perfect summer beverage.

7) Last week I had a day where I was able to get up, shower, blow dry my hair, wear it down and curled, etc.  I came to work and a coworker asked me if I lightened my hair.  I told him that it was just clean for once.  Whatever.  Stay classy Devon.

8) I cross my fingers and look at the extended forecast daily in hopes that it changes and the temps are higher.  They never really are and I get mad every time.  Whatever.

9) Every year after winter, or approaching the end of winter, I decide that I am done wearing jackets.  It usually happens too soon but I stick it out knowing that I really won't need one soon.  This year I stopped wearing a jacket in the beginning of March, and it was still snowing this last weekend.  Now I am wearing my jacket again.  Whatever.

10) Last, but not least, I am really anal and have been trying to think of my 10th whatever for this list because I like even numbers, but cannot.  Whatever. 

Welp, here's to another post in the books about nothing!  Happy Hump Day!

KB's best Zoolander impression
See ya later suckas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!