Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cleanse: Day 3

I am going to keep this post short and sweet because I really have nothing to talk about.  LAME.  I thought about making up an elaborate story with a lot of twists and turns, cliff-hangers, etc. but I am not feeling very creative right now.  So whatev. 

Day 3 of the cleanse went well.  Again, I had my green smoothie for breakfast, chugged water like a mo fo, had a tuna sandwich on a 100% whole wheat bagel thin and a salad for lunch, and then our leftover chicken stir fry from the night before for dinner.  I did go to the grocery store to pick up a few extras that we didn't have on hand - cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, low fat granola, and a few organic things I have never heard of.  Overall, I would have to say that this cleanse really hasn't been that bad so far.  The only downside to this whole clean eating thing is that healthy food is frickin expensive!  I cannot wait until the farmer's market is open because that would save us a lot of moolah.  The only thing is that probably won't happen until July since this is literally the longest winter EVER!!!
As far as working out, I have done okay.  I got my 8 mile run in last Saturday and then ran on Tuesday this week.  I wanted to get a run in last night but it just didn't work out.  My husband has been having to work late a lot lately and last night he worked from home after staying late at work.  I feel bad for him but he is just so busy at work these days so it needs to be done.  By the time I got KB fed, bathed, and to bed it was about 8pm.  I looked at the kitchen and it was a pit.  I couldn't help but want to just clean up and get everything ready for today.  So, I put the kitchen before the treadmill, and skipped out on my run last night.  Cleaning counts as a work out, right......RIGHT!!???  So, I am hoping I can at least squeeze in a 3 mile run tonight. 

Tonight we were invited to have pizza with Bud's family but don't worry, we will be skipping the pizza.  Am I a little sad about it?  YES.  I LOVE PIZZA.  And when the emails started flying about it I seriously had more drool on my shirt than KB.  But we are going to be strong and eat our dinner before we go over to visit his family.  We are hoping they have gas masks on hand for us to wear so we can't smell the delicious gloriousness of the pizza.  I am not gonna lie, that may be the first thing I eat next Thursday after the cleanse.  I might even do it at midnight that day. 
"Has anyone seen a slice of plain cheese???" 
"Yeah I did, but if you want it, I'm gonna have to barf it all up because it's gone."
I weighed myself this morning and I am the same as yesterday - I take that as a win.  As long as the numbers don't go up, I am cool.  I normally don't weigh myself every day but with the cleanse I thought it would be kind of interesting to track my daily progress.  I did, however, notice that my jeans yesterday were a little looser.  YAY, that is just a great feeling.  I tried on a pair of jeans that were too tight for me before I had KB and they are getting kind of close to fitting.  I was really surprised since I am still not at my pre-preg weight.  But, my body is different now so that could be why.  Those babies do a number on your body, I tell ya!
Welp, that's all I have for now.  Back to the grind.  Fingers crossed I can squeeze my run in tonight after work!

See ya later suckas!!!!!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!