Tuesday, April 2, 2013

10 Day Cleanse: Day 1

My husband and I started the AdvoCare 10 day cleanse yesterday and I am happy to report that we are still alive!  It actually wasn't that bad but I know that doing this for 10 days is going to be tough.  Especially since we were invited to Bud's dad's house for pizza this week, and then to his sister's house for apps and drinks on Saturday for the Final 4 games.  I think my husband will have a harder time than me this weekend since he said "March Madness is my favorite time of the year other than the Superbowl."  He lives for these games so I feel a little bad that I talked him into doing this with me the week of the NCAA championship. 

BUT, summer is approaching, and weekends are just going to keep getting busier, so I really don't think there is a better time to do this other than now.  Plus, I really think it will be worth it in the end.  We (me) basically want to drop some lbs and prove to ourselves that we can go 10 days without eating out and drinking adult beverages.  We may go insane. 

Now onto my first day of the cleanse....

I woke up bright and early and drank my fiber drink mixed with OJ.  The OJ is 100% natural - basically the most natural OJ I could find at the grocery store that didn't have 100 lbs of sugar in it.  Sunday night I prepped some food for lunch and cut up a bunch of fruit for the week.  I found a recipe for a green smoothie that I really like, so I pre-portioned all my fruit for the next 4 days to make a smoothie in the morning for breakfast.  I cut up and packaged all the ingredients so that I could just pull a bag of fruit/veggies each morning, dump it in the blender, and get on with my day.  Easy. 

Green Smoothie
  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup of green grapes
  • 1 cup of strawberries
  • 1 cup of kale (firmly packed)
  • 1 cup of baby spinach (firmly packed)
  • 1 cup of water
  • 2 cups of ice

For lunch I made chicken fiesta bowls.  Here is the recipe:
  • Boil 2 pieces of chicken and shred when done
  • Add 1 tbsp of cumin to the chicken
  • Dice up 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, and 1 jalapeno and add to the chicken.  ( I would have also cut up an onion but my husband doesn't do onions and I didn't want to scare him from the cleanse the 1st day)
  • You can also add black beans but I totally forgot to grab them at the grocery store.  Womp.
  • Then I added salsa - as much as you want
  • I then served this over romaine lettuce

I think next time I would add the black beans for sure, and then possibly some brown rice.  And some spicy sauce since I lika da spice.  If I wasn't on the cleanse I would add some Greek yogurt and cheese.  Overall, I really liked this.  I think it was definitely filling enough and satisfying. 

For dinner we made turkey burgers with spicy mustard, sour kraut (just a little), and a salad with olive oil vinaigrette.  I was nervous about the dressing because I like dressings with A LOT of flavor.  This one was good.  I got it from the organic section at the store and I think I will continue to use it after the cleanse.

And there you have it, our first day of the cleanse.  I did buy some almond butter (to replace my beloved peanut butter) and 100% whole wheat bagel thins and had that as a snack but that was all I ate.  I drank at least 100 ounces of water, peed every 20 minutes, and when I weighed myself this morning I was down 3 pounds from yesterday.  Granted, I ate like crap last weekend with Easter and all, and I am sure it was all water weight, but I will take it!  So I am excited to see what the next 9 days bring.  I have my scheduled 3 mile run after work today for 1/2 marathon training and I am hoping I won't want to cram every carb in sight down my throat afterwards.

In other news, we had Kamden's 6 month check-up yesterday and it went very well.  He weighs 17 pounds and 11 ounces putting him in the 51st percentile for weight, he is about 28 inches long which puts him in the 87th percentile for height (his dad is so proud - future bball star), and his head is in the 98th percentile.  His head has always been huge and I am pretty sure he gets that from me or my dad.  Which means he is going to be AWESOME! haha
Last night we decided to put the bumpers on KB's crib because we have been finding him with legs and arms hanging out the sides a lot lately.  Yesterday morning I went to get him because he was grunting, whining, yelling and when I went into his room he was on his stomach with both legs sticking out the side of the crib.  So it was time.  I asked the doctor at his appointment and she gave me the green light.  With that said, I was up a majority of the night worrying.  I think I checked on him about 7 or 8 times.  I just did not want him to roll into the side of the crib, fall asleep, and not have enough air flow.  Now, he can move his head just fine, and he can roll over just fine, so I should have relaxed a bit.  But I didn't.  Sad thing is (for me) that if I wasn't constantly checking on him and worrying, I would have been able to sleep straight through the night until 4am.  Lame.  I couldn't help it though.  That's what mamas do!
Welp, that's all I have for now.  I will keep updating about the cleanse in the next 9 days.  Here are a couple pictures from our first family walk!  It was so nice after work on Friday so we had to take advantage...

See ya later suckas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!