Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Recap

I had such a great weekend and I am sad today is Monday - per usual.  Friday I decided to bust out of work early so that I could go home and clean to get ready for Dupa's birthday celebration that night.  I felt a little bad that I kept Kamden with the sitter while I cleaned, but it was so much easier to get stuff done without him there.  I don't think I have ever cleaned so much in such a short amount of time so I counted that as my work out for the day = winning.  I mean, I was sweating (weird) at the end so it was all the same for me.  I then picked up KB from the sitter, got him ready to stay at his grandma's house, fed him, and off he went to get dropped off again, for the night.  I was sad about him being away for the whole night since I barely saw him that day but it was for the best since we were having so many people over.  The mom guilt definitely hovered around for a while though.  The party was a success - good food, good friends, drinks, nice weather, games, and good times had by all.  Here are the only 2 pictures I have from that night because I am awesome like that:

Erin, me, Leah, Keena, and Dupa!
Charlies Bar
We had some friends in town staying with us that night and ended up having people over after we went to the bar to continue the celebration.  I didn't make it up too much longer after coming home and definitely felt it the next day.  There is a reason why we only have nights like this every once in a while now.  I am not 22 anymore!!!

Saturday I shocked myself and ran 11.89 miles in about 2 hours.  I thought for sure after being out the night before and not drinking nearly enough water that I would make it about 2 miles before Bud would have to come find me and peel me off the side of the road or something.  I am not going to lie, it.was.rough.  We picked up KB around 10:30 that morning, got a greasy burger and fries on the way home....and a soda because this girl needed it after the night before.  It was delicious - I'm not even mad.  BUT, not the best pre-meal before a long run.  I then took about an hour nap (thank you Bud).  When I woke up I knew that I just had to get this run done and over with.  I thought about pushing it off until Sunday but I knew that I would probably end up skipping it if I did that.  Plus, my 1/2 marathon is a week away and it's GO TIME!!!  So, I got myself ready and just started running.  I have about a 7 or so mile loop that I had planned out so I figured I would run that, stop home for water, and then continue on until I reached 12 miles.  Well, just as I was finishing up that 7 mile loop I told myself to just keep running.  I figured I would just run as long as I could and stop if I needed to.  I have the app "mapmyrun" and it updates me every mile I run with how long I have been running, how fast my splits are, etc.  So I at least had a general idea of how far I had to go throughout my run.  I don't know what happened but somehow I finished the entire run (well almost the entire run - 11.89/12 miles) before coming home.  I walked here and there, but overall I ran it at a decent pace. 


If I can keep a 10 minute/mile pace for the 1/2 marathon I will be extremely happy.  I still can't believe I am running that on THIS Saturday!  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Kevin always knows exactly how I am feeling
After my run, my husband, KB, and I went to my sister-in-law's house to grill out.  It was just what the doctor ordered - filet mignon on the grill, potatoes, veggies = delish.  We didn't stay too late so that we could get Kamden to bed at a decent time.  Both my husband and I were exhausted by the time we got home and we were both in bed and sleeping before 11pm.  It was glorious.  Plus, it wasn't my night to get up with KB so I slept in until about 9/9:30 the next morning.  I was definitely rejuved when I woke up.

Sunday, Bud went golfing with some friends all day and my friend and I had plans to take our boys for a walk up Rib Mountain since it was so nice out.  I thought that after running on Saturday that my legs would be fried on Sunday but they felt good!  So I packed up KB and the jogging stroller and then picked up my mom's dog, Abby, and headed to meet Erin and Jakob at the mountain.  The entire walk is about 3 or so miles total up and down the mountain.  It was an awesome work out, especially pushing a stroller and pulling a little pup the whole way.  Abby is a little white puff ball and I was a little nervous about bringing her along, not knowing if she would make it or not.  She made it, but towards the end she would randomly just stop walking and sprawl out on the sidewalk in an attempt to get me to carry her.  I did carry her for like 5 minutes, which really tested my coordination while pushing the stroller, but that was all I could hack until I had to put her back down.  Overall, I loved this little walk and hope to do this much more often this summer.  Plus, we had some pretty cute walking buddies to accompany us:

We couldn't get them to look at the camera at the same time - KB was WAAAY too interested in the straps on his stroller
After our walk, KB took a 2 hour nap!!!!  I could tell he was pooped from all the fresh air so I am glad he slept that long.  In the meantime I cleaned out my car because it was a huge pit.  When he woke up I noticed he has another tooth coming in!  Right next to his other one on the bottom. :)  Yesterday I tried to spend as much time outside as possible.  Even if it was just to sit outside, or wander around my house aimlessly.  Which I did.  This blue eyed beauty loved it:

Love
I loved this last weekend!  I loved that we got to spend so much time outside in the nice weather, spend time with friends, spend time with family, be active, and overall we just enjoyed ourselves.  If only every weekend could be like this (minus running 11.89 miles after a night of acting like a fish and being away from KB for a full day/night)!!!

Welp, back to work.  Only 3 more work-outs before I take 2 rest days and then the...dun, dun, dun....HALF MARATHON!!!!  I am putting together a list of songs to add to my 1/2 marathon playlist.  I like upbeat music - rap, hip hop, anything really - so if you have any must-have songs, comment below!  Help a sista out!! :)

See ya later suckas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!