Monday, March 18, 2013

A 5K, Baptism, and Signing Up for a 1/2 Marathon!

Man, the weekend flew!  We had a lot going on this last weekend and I think I blinked once and the weekend was over.  Friday night Bud and I laid low because we knew that after Friday we would not be sitting down until Sunday night.  And we were right....

Saturday, I woke up bright and early with KB and immediately started cleaning.  We didn't have too much to clean since I had already spent last Tuesday cleaning our house from top to bottom - dusting, mopping - making our place sparkle.  But, by the time the weekend rolled around there was stuff to pick up, and basically I had to tidy up the place.  After that, I ran to Kohl's like the last minute planner I am, to look for an outfit for KB's baptism Sunday.  I am in this weird stage of kind of fitting into most of my clothes, but with my dressy clothes I just didn't have anything I really wanted to wear.  I had $20 in Kohl's cash that I needed to use, so I figured I would be able to find something on the cheaper side for Sunday.  Well, I tried on a couple dresses but nothing I found looked that great. There wasn't many options for dresses unless I wanted to wear something skin-tight, aka Kim Kardashian's everyday look:

Totally appropriate for church.....NOT!
Then I decided that I would just buy a nice pair of pants and a dressy shirt and call it good.  The upside of this is that I can wear these clothes to work as well so it was a win-win.  Plus, this sort of justification comes in handy when my husband is all like "you don't need to buy a new outfit for everything..."  Yeah okay.

After I left Kohl's I headed to the Bull Falls Honor Flight 5K.  I am not gonna lie when I say I was a little nervous about this.  Not that I was nervous about running 3.1 miles, but I was nervous because when I looked out the window that morning it was snowing...a lot.  And, it was cold!  I have ran in the cold before but with all the new snow I for sure thought that I would slip and superman-it into another runner and that just didn't sound too fun.  When I got to the race I met up with some other girlfriends that were running too.  By the time the race started, the sun was out and it actually was starting to feel kind of warm.  (It was still only 28 degrees)  I really wanted to do well in this race, but with the conditions I told myself to just run the best I can and if I have to slow down at certain points, then so be it.  To my surprise I ended up running this 5K pretty fast! (for me)  When I crossed the finish line the time said 28:20 but I took off about 30 seconds because we were towards the back of the pack when the race started and by the time I actually crossed the starting line the time had been going for a bit.  So, I think I finished in just under 28 minutes.  I'LL TAKE IT!  I wish the conditions were a bit better because if they had been, I think I could have finished with an even better time.  Either way, I was pumped!  Afterwards, I enjoyed my freshly brewed beer and then had to leave right away.  Womp, womp.  I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy my other free beer and chat with my friends, but my grandparents were on their way from Minnesota and I desperately needed a shower after running.  I seriously sweat like a beast.  It could be 20 below and I would still be drenched after running.  Example:

Sweat or caught in a rain storm?

Anyway, I am sorry I had to burn your eyes on a Monday.  I know I mentioned that my grandparents were not sure if they would be able to make it this last weekend but they both were feeling better and decided they would make the trip.  YAY!  When they got to town, we brought KB to see the Easter bunny at the mall and also to visit my mom at work.  Kamden was a little hesitant about the Easter bunny but he smiled for his picture so it worked out well.  On a side note, the Easter bunny was a little creepy.  Not so much the costume, but the actual person in the costume.  When I sat KB on it's (not sure if it was a girl or boy) lap, the bunny barely held on to him and didn't speak one word when I was trying to chat it up.  I mean, was the bunny asleep??  Highly medicated??  Drunk??  All the above???  So, thankfully the whole picture took like 30 seconds and I was able to get KB off that bunny's lap in no time. 

Later that night Bud, KB, and I went to dinner with my grandparents and then went home to get ready for Sunday's baptism.  I was already exhausted by Saturday night and could not keep my eyes open past 11.  I used to be such a night owl but I just can't do it anymore!

Sunday, I was up at 6am with KB and again, immediately started cleaning/getting ready for the baptism.  Our plan was to go to church, and then have our family over afterwards for lunch.  Sounds like a small get together on paper but having family over means about 25+ people!  We ordered roast beef from Arby's and asked some family members bring over side dish.  Bud picked up the cake we ordered from a restaurant in town that morning before church and when he came home with it I could tell he was just pissed.  And here is why:

I'm hoping this a sign we are going to the Cayman Islands in the near future, no?

WTF!!??  When I ordered the cake I spelled out his name twice and had the girl spell it back to me even!  So, needless to say we were not happy.  Luckily, our morning was so hectic that I didn't have time to think about it.  I knew we would eventually laugh about it anyway.  Plus, this is literally the story of our lives.  If something is going to go wrong, or not be smooth, it will.  So whatev.  Kamden went by Kamen all day.  The restaurant redeemed themselves after I tried the cake, though, because it was so delicious.

We had KB baptized at Mount Olive Lutheran Church near our house.  Everyone loved the service.  They have such great music!  The baptism part went well too.  Kamden smiled the whole time and when it came to put him by the water I held him facing down and he just stuck his hand in and played in the water.  It was so cute. :)  I almost biffed it while I was holding him of course, and the whole place laughed.  Typical Devon.  We brought our camera but of course didn't realize the battery was dead and the memory card was full.  Thank God for camera phones.  Here are some pics we got throughout the day.  We are hoping our family sends us the rest.

At the church

My grandpa (GG to KB) and Kamden

My mom and KB - Love his smile here :)

I wanted a picture of me and KB in his little suit but he wanted out of that thing immediately

The rest of the day went so good! The food was awesome, we were able to fit everyone comfortably in our house, and everyone seemed to have a good time.  I also did something yesterday that I did not think I would do....I signed up for a HALF MARATHON.  I have wanted to do one for a while, and was considering doing one this summer sometime, but I signed up for one on May 4th in my home town in Minnesota.  That is 6 weeks away people!!!  So, now I need to get my arse in gear.  More on that later since I have written a novel already.

Welp, back to work for me.  I hope this day flies!!!!

See ya later suckas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!