Monday, April 28, 2014

Motivation Monday

What happens when you lose your motivation? Do you give up everything you were working towards or do you push through to keep going?
For me, motivation is a funny thing. Some days I have so much of it that I feel unstoppable - working out, eating great, getting stuff checked off my to-do list, planning the next couple days out - just being prepared. Other days, it’s like I can’t get myself to press play on that DVD player to get a work out in and instead I just want to eat pizza and lay on the couch. There are so many factors that play into my motivation - nice weather, an event coming up, summer, etc. That’s great and all, but I am just sick of my motivation relying on things I cannot control. Like today, the weather is cold, windy, and it does not motivate me at all. It makes me want to curl up on the couch in a blanket and watch movies all day. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but doing that is not going to get me closer to my goals.
What helps you stay motivated? This is something that I really need to figure out. My plan is to make a list or “dream board” to help me stay motivated. If I can SEE my goals, then hopefully that keeps me on track. I just don’t want to look back a month or so from now or even 6 months to a year from now, and say “I wish I would have….” I just want to make things happen and crush my goals so I can make bigger and better ones! J 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Monday~

Workout: Pump and Shred (45 minutes)
Breakfast: Shakeology
Mid-morning snack: Granola bar
Lunch: Rotisserie chicken mixed with rice and veggies…and Siracha J
Mid-afternoon snack: string cheese and 2 halo oranges
Dinner: Salmon and veggies

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Tuesday~

Workout: Hard Core Abs and 45 minutes of cardio (probably walking at an incline and sprints/intervals on the treadmill)
Breakfast: Banana
Mid-morning snack: Shakeology
Lunch: Chicken salad
Mid-afternoon snack: Whole wheat rice cake with almond butter (better than it sounds)
Dinner: Bowtie pasta with whole wheat noodles, ground turkey and marinara sauce

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Wednesday~

Workout: Pump and Burn (30 minutes)
Breakfast: Banana
Mid-morning snack: Shakeology
Lunch: Chicken salad
Mid-afternoon snack: Whole wheat rice cake with almond butter
Dinner: Leftover bowtie pasta

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Thursday~

Workout: Hard Core Abs (20 minutes) Flow (20 minutes)
Breakfast: Banana
Mid-morning snack: Shakeology
Lunch: Grilled chicken salad
Mid-afternoon snack: String cheese and grapes
Dinner: Jambalaya pasta

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Friday~

Workout: REST DAY!!!!
Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with almond butter and apricot jelly
Mid-morning snack: Shakeology
Lunch: Jambalaya pasta
Mid-afternoon snack: String cheese and grapes
Dinner: Fish tacos (out to dinner with my ladies!J )

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Saturday~

Workout: Pump and Shred (45 minutes)

We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo on Saturday because we basically find any excuse to have a celebration with our family! J I will be partaking in adult beverages but will be making sure to get all my water in and Shakeology, and also watching my portions while making healthy choices.
~Sunday~

Workout: Hard Core Abs (20 minutes) and 45 minutes of cardio

I haven’t planned out my meals for today but generally I get in a healthy breakfast and Shakeology for the first part of my day, and then lunch and dinner depend on the hubs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Progress~

My progress has stayed the same this last week weight-wise. I am still down about 9 pounds total, but I didn’t do as well as I could have eating. That is always my struggle…ESPECIALLY when we are out and about and there are appetizers involved. I feel like I have to try EVERYTHING and don’t really pay attention to all the food I am eating. This week I am excited to be back to a routine and to get back on track with my diet. I really want to hit the 10 pound mark and know I can do it this week if I stick to my plan!!
Even though I didn’t drop any weight this last week, I did up my weights in my work outs! I am feeling stronger and I even have a baby bicep forming! J Today starts week 5 of my program already and I am still loving the work outs. Even after the 60 days are up I plan to continue these work outs mixed in with some Insanity work outs. I don’t ever want to stray away from strength training because for me, that has made the biggest difference.
I hope you are all starting the week off on the right foot!
What are you doing to stay motivated this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!