Monday, April 21, 2014

The day I said "why not?" (Motivation Monday)

Do you ever just sit back and think about your life...like REALLY think about it? Think about your goals, ambitions, current situation, your happiness, family, friends, career... are you where you want to be? 

I have thought about this a lot...basically every day. I would like to say I am where I want to be because I have a husband and son that I love more than anything in the universe, I have a mom that is my best friend, family that I don't know what I would do without, I have a job with benefits, great friends, I have a roof over my head... but even with all of that I still feel like there is something more that I need. Nothing material, but just something more. Something that has meaning and something to be passionate about. "You only live once" just keeps playing over and over in my head and I just want to make sure I am using the life I was given to the fullest. To make a difference somehow. To help people feel good about themselves because when people feel good about themselves it creates more good in the world. At least that's what I believe.

Now, I am not saying I am looking to solve world peace or anything like that, but what I am saying is that I want to take little piece of this world and make it better. Even if it's by motivating someone to get off the couch one day or making someone feel good about themselves by paying them a compliment. I just think with all the crap going on in this world that these little gestures can make a difference, big or small. 

So that brings me to the point of all this post. I just want to help people, every day, to get healthy and to get in shape. Not solely so they look good (even though that's a great perk) but because then they may live longer, have better confidence, keep up with their kids on the playground, decide to go for a goal they have been putting off, be more social, have a better check up with the doctor, whatever it may be - I just think when you are healthy and feel good about yourself that there is this ripple effect that makes other parts of your life better too. 

These thoughts have been running through my head for years. They haven't always been in the front of my mind and a lot of times I pushed them aside thinking "how in the heck am I ever going to accomplish this?" Well, I still don't know the complete answer to that, but what I do know is that I had to just take a step towards that goal. I had to do something about it. Stop thinking about it. Stop DREAMING about it. Just do it la du it. Every day is full of challenges, and trial and error, but at least I know I am trying. I am not giving up on this goal, and honestly, I don't think I ever will. I am not going to lie - I am nervous and scared about what the future holds because my goals are huge, but I am not going to let that hold me back, because I know I will regret it. I don't want to be complacent in life or just comfortable. I just want to do everything I can to make a difference and make things better.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, as I promised, my weekly eating and work-out schedule is below:

~Monday~


Workout: Pump and Burn (30 minutes)
Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with almond butter and apricot jelly 
Mid-morning snack: banana and almonds
Lunch: Grilled chicken, Spanish rice, veggies and lots of Siracha :)
Mid-afternoon snack: Shakeology 
Dinner: Turkey burger and steamed veggies

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Tuesday~


Workout: REST DAY     

Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with almond butter and apricot jelly
Mid-morning snack: Shakeology

Lunch: Baked chicken, Spanish rice, veggies and Siracha
Mid-afternoon snack: Whole wheat rice cake with almond butter 
Dinner: Taco salad with ground turkey, lettuce, salsa, and Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Wednesday~


Workout: Pump and Burn (30 minutes)
Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with almond butter and apricot jelly

Mid-morning snack: Shakeology

Lunch: Turkey burger with steamed veggies

Mid-afternoon snack: Whole wheat rice cake with almond butter
Dinner: Not sure yet... (most likely fish with rice and veggies)

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Thursday~


Workout: Hard Core Abs (20 minutes) and Cardio (45 minutes)

Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with almond butter and apricot jelly
Mid-morning snack: Shakeology

Lunch: Ham and turkey sub from Subway (no cheese)

Mid-afternoon snack: String cheese and 2 Halo oranges

Dinner: Not sure yet...

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Friday~


Workout: Pump and Burn (30 minutes)
Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with almond butter and apricot jelly

Mid-morning snack: Shakeology

Lunch: Fish and steamed veggies
Mid-afternoon snack: String cheese and 2 halo oranges
Dinner: Salmon and sauteed asparagus and mushrooms

**Throughout the day I try to drink 100 oz. of water

~Saturday~

Workout: Flow (20 minutes)
**On the weekends I have more time to figure out meals so I will probably plan as I go depending on what we have going on. What I WILL be doing is drinking my 100 oz. of water and drinking Shakeology at some point throughout the day, whether I have it as a snack or use it to replace my breakfast.

~Sunday~

Workout: Pump and Burn (30 minutes)
**Same note as Saturday

~Progress~

I am still down just about 9 pounds....looking to lose one more pound so I can make it official and say I am down an even 10. I just like even numbers. :) Also, I decided that I was going to try on some jeans the other night that haven't fit since my college days and almost peed my pants because all but one pair fit!! These jeans have been sitting in my "for shits and giggles" pile for years. Meaning, I never thought I would wear them again but held onto them "just in case." Now I am really glad that I did because I have about 5 new pairs of pants! I also tried on some summer shorts and was really happy those fit too. I honestly never thought I would see the day again, especially after having Kamden. This, right here, is why I have to keep going. It felt so good to put those pants back on and button them up, as stupid as that sounds. It just gave me a sense of accomplishment and even more motivation to keep going. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really hope you all had a great first day of the week! If you are interested in learning more about what I do as a coach or about how you can get healthy and in-shape, contact me at devonladu@gmail.com or add me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/devon.heide. 

Here's to a great week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!