Friday, April 4, 2014

Doing the Happy Dance!

Whew!! What a week! To say my mind has been all over the place this week is a huge understatement! With work being crazy, being a new Beach Body coach, starting the Les Mills Pump work out program, being a mom, keeping the house somewhat presentable.....I am pooped! But you know what, I don't mind the craziness that was this week because I enjoy it so much! I am totally one of those that gets more stuff done when I am crazy busy versus when I have all the time in the world. It's really the only time I can kick my procrastination to the curb. Basically, I am a procrastinator that works great under pressure. Probably why I could write all my papers in college the night before they were due, even if it meant pulling an all-nighter, and still get a good grade. Anyway, I went off track there a bit...

There is a link-up I have done in the past called "5 on Friday" that I am totally going to participate in today. The link-up asks that you list 5 things, anything you want, from the week. Here is my Friday's 5: 
THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
~One~

I started the Les Mills Pump program on Monday which is a strength training work out and meal plan. I was totally scared about the meal plan, because food is my biggest weakness. I am a junk food junkie. I can totally get myself to work out no problem, but what I normally struggle with is working out along with eating clean. It's either one or the other for me. Oh, and I love wine. This week, surprisingly, has been different. I don't know if it's because the number on the scale dropped right off the bat, or if I finally found my motivation, but so far I have been on point with both working out and eating clean. Can I get an Amen!!??


 

Since Monday I have dropped 6 pounds. I am in shock. Also, I finally fit into a pair of jeans that I literally would hang in front of the treadmill and stare at as I ran for motivation. Yes, the first few pounds were water weight but the other few, that is a freaking miracle! I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for months....like 10 months. FINALLY, I broke that vicious cycle. I know it has all to do with my eating this week, but also I think it's because I switched up my normal work outs. Normally, I would run for miles, daily, to get my exercise in and the scale would not budge. This week, following Les Mills, I have done 2 strength training work outs and 1 cardio work out. That's it. For a total of 1 1/2 hours all week. I think that is pretty sweet, especially since this week was so crazy for me. So what did I learn?? Basically what everyone and their brother knows, "you can't out-run a bad diet." Truth. I know the scale isn't everything, but dammit I still love seeing that number go down. Loving Les Mills so far. I am excited to see what next week brings and if I can get to my initial goal weight that I have been thinking about since I gave birth to KB. I am literally 3 pounds away. Pinch me. 



~Two~

Kamden has been chatting it up non-stop! Most of his chatter is gibberish, but I am noticing more and more each day that some of that chatter is him saying actual words. We have really been trying to teach him "please" and "thank you" lately and last night during dinner he said "peeeease" after every bite of dinner because he wanted more. I wish I would have recorded him saying it because it's so cute. I love his little voice and am looking forward to the conversations I will have with him in the future. Also, his new thing lately is shaking his head no at everything. He doesn't quite get what that means yet since I will offer him a bite of dinner, he will shake his head "no," and then take a bite anyway. :) 


~Three~

One more Kamden story. :) He is obsessed with wearing shoes. He loves to put on his daddy's shoes and walk around our house, but lately he wants to wear his own shoes. We bought him some really cute Nike's for Christmas that I pulled out recently and he loves them. He gets really excited when we  put them on him, so when we were getting ready for his 18-month check up earlier this week I got him ready and put those shoes on him. Well, we get to the appointment and he had to get weighed right away. I took the shoes off and it was an all out, melt-down. He bawled. For 5 minutes straight. The nurse was so confused why he was so upset and looked at me like, "WTF?" He calmed down after a bit, but I knew the tears would be back because he was also getting a shot at that appointment. Every shot he has gotten in the past, we lay him on the table, I hold his arms down and stand by his head, while he looks directly into my eyes with a terrified look that breaks my heart, and the nurse holds his legs and gives him the shot. I dread it. I was expecting an all-out bawl sesh with the shot, but he only cried for about 5 seconds. That is awesome but seriously? He cried 10 millions times harder when I took off his shoes versus getting a shot in the thigh. I guess he's got his priorities straight. :)


~Four~

My grandparents are coming to visit this weekend! They are actually on their way here right now from MN. I am hoping the roads are okay since Mother Nature took another crap on us last night and into today. I am really excited to see them since it's been a while and I miss them!! I am also excited for them to see KB because he has changed so much since they saw him last....which I think was last December around Christmas. I hope they are ready for a little spit-fire that likes to climb TV stands, shake lamps, and poke people's eyes out! 

~Five~

Warning: I am about to get a little deep here.......
A spark has been lit. I don't know how, or why it happened now, but I feel like I am finally on a path to something really big. I can feel it. I can't explain it, but it's there. Up top when I was talking about me finding motivation, well, that has to do with the spark. I have always had dreams and goals but never really knew how I would get there. I feel like I have a vision now and can finally see the steps to get to where I want to be. When I became a mother my life was suddenly not all about me anymore. It wasn't about my husband anymore. It was about our family as a whole. What can I do to better our family? To take care of our family? I think it starts with me. I need to feel accomplished and that what I am doing has meaning. I want to have passion so that I can lead by example. I need to feel good about myself to be a better wife, mother, daughter and friend. I am working on that and I know with each day if I give it my all, I will do just that. When you think about someone that you look up to, or aspire to be like, or whatever it may be, just think this: how are they any different than you? They were just an everyday person at one point that decided they want something more. Well, I decided that too, and I am going to get it.


What motivates you? What is your goal?

Happy Friday bizzos! :) Now I need to get back to work so I can enjoy the weekend and cheer on the Badgers in the FINAL FOUR BABY!!!!! GO BUCKY!!!!!!



~Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!