Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My name is Humpty, pronounced with an Umpty

Happy Hump Day!  I really have nothing in particular to write about today but I haven’t posted for a while so I figure I will throw something together and call it good. 

As you probably guessed, I did not win the Powerball.  I waited until Sunday morning to check to see if I won in hopes that I would catch the news and hear “the winning Powerball ticket was purchased in Wisconsin and is yet to be claimed…” immediately meaning that I was the winner.  Well that did not happen.  I didn’t even get 1 number right out of the 3 tickets I bought. Boo to the hoo.

Even though Saturday did not bring us our millions, it turned out to be a nice day because my husband and I went on our first ever motorcycle “ride.”  The MDA Ride for the Muscular Dystrophy Association is an annual ride that my father in law does and since my husband got his first motorcycle last summer we decided we had to go too.  My husband’s motorcycle does not have a back-rest yet, and since we would be traveling around 100 or so miles that day, I decided to ride with my father in law since his motorcycle is basically a giant recliner for me to kick back in.  Seriously, his bike is a really nice Harley (I don’t know much about motorcycles) that has a sweet back-rest.  It basically wraps around you, has seat warmers if needed, very padded and big for my big ole booty, and I can sit back there and not have to worry about hanging on for dear life.  WINNING!  And we can bump some music while we ride and my father in law likes the same music we do.  WINNING again! 

Our neighbors also ride and are very good friends with my father in law so we met there for breakfast along with about 15 other people and their bikes to get the day started.  I felt pretty cool badass all day traveling in a motorcycle gang and felt the need to throw out the peace sign to every motorcycle we passed.  It looked a little something like this:

Word.

We stopped at a few different bars along the way.  Since I was just a passenger I had a few beers and tried my first ever Moscow Mule.  HOLY delish!  I will now be investing in a copper mug so I can drink these bad boys more often.

Delish

The last bar we stopped at was freaking awesome.  Basically the owner of a construction company in the area has some land and decided to build a double-decker bar, a stage, fire pits, etc. and offer free food and beer to everyone on the MDA Ride.  The food was good, the beer was good (obvi) and it was a great time.  I wish we could have stayed there longer but we will definitely be coming back.

Here are some pictures from that day.  We had so much fun and I am really looking forward to the Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary ride in Milwaukee this Labor Day weekend.


My view on the ride


I was clearly in my element here

This old car was amongst the many items that reminded me of American Pickers

Here is the double-decker bar.  I can see why it's so popular up there....

Our group

Saturday night we went over to my sister in law’s house to grill out and celebrate my brother in law graduating nursing school.  We are all so proud of him!  Congrats Mike!!!

In other news, I have been doing pretty good with working out during the week and with eating during the week and I am officially 2 pounds away from my pre-preg weight!  I couldn’t believe my eyes when I weighed myself this last Monday morning and my weight was down.  I must have entered the Twilight Zone because that never, I repeat, NEVER, happens after the weekend.  I wanted to keep it rolling so I made a goal to get a run in every day this week and to watch what I eat as well.  MAYBE next Monday I will be at my pre-preg weight. 

Kamden has been getting so close to crawling!  He can army crawl, roll around like no other, pivot and change directions, etc. but doesn’t quite put it all together to officially crawl.  He did some weird move and started half crawling backwards, but that was about it.  I have a feeling it will be any day now and then I am not going to be able to sit down ever again.  I also have been avoiding the changing table because that boy is wild up there!  If he’s not constantly trying to roll onto his belly, he is trying to pull the mirror off the wall.  If he’s not doing that, he is trying to grab whatever is behind him.  Seriously, no matter what way I face him on there he wants whatever is behind him.  That kid can find the tag on anything in 2 seconds flat, for example the tag on his changing table pad.  It won’t even be visible and he will find it.  BOOF.  He has definitely been keeping me on my toes a lot more lately.  Also, he has been known to find a new sound to make and then repeatedly make it over and over again for weeks.  It used to be “ooooo” over and over again, which he still does from time to time, then it was just a flat out yell for a while, which he also still does, he even has a fake cough he likes to do.  Now, he has discovered how to gurgle.  He has been doing it constantly lately and it cracks me up every time.  He even figured out that it works best with a little formula in his mouth so he will finish up his bottle, have a little in his mouth, and then just go to town.  One last thing about this little man is that he cracks up every time he hears the word BOOFDA.  Hilarious.

Pretty sure he was yelling at me here


Welp, that’s all I have for now.  I am really looking forward to this 3 day weekend to relax a little, get some projects done around the house, and party a little for Memorial Day. 

See ya later suckas!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!