Thursday, May 9, 2013

Link-Up!

Another "Finish the Sentence" link-up hosted by Holly and Jake, yipee!  If you don't already stalk these blogs you should because they are hilarious!  These link-ups make me laugh and allow me to be random so I am always game.  So here goes....

button

Unlike my sibling(s) (that I love very much)....I am a grown adult.  My half brother was born my senior year of high school so we are 18 years apart.  He is 11 years old and lives in Arizona with my dad and stepmom.  This year he was the youngest kid in Arizona to ever go to the state spelling bee competition and took 10th place.  He took 2nd at his elementary school spelling bee and 1st at the regional spelling bee.  I am fairly certain he is a genius and will rule the world one day.


My best friend says...that I am pretty laid back.  It takes a lot for me to get riled up over something, but when I do the red face comes out and I get cray.  WATCH OUT.  Example: When I freaked out on a friend’s girlfriend in college for being a huge d-bag.  I seriously lost it.  That is probably the only time I have ever yelled at someone and she CLEARLY deserved it.

People call me...Devon, La Du, Devon La Du, Devo (whip it, whip it good!) (cool whhhip), D, DJ, Dawn Hurd, Kevin, De-VON, sir….there are many more.  When I was younger I used to want a nickname so bad and I really wanted it to be DJ just like DJ Tanner. My name is Devon Janelle after all.  I never really had one until my junior year of college, and then I exploded with nicknames.


I most often dream...about winning the lottery…pretty much on a daily basis.  The first thing I would do is pay off my ungodly amount of student loan debt, after hiring a lawyer and accountant of course.  Then I would pay off our house, cars, etc.  I would plan a trip for all my family and closest friends and pay for everything. After the trip I would buy the house we will live in forever - not too big, not too small, but it would have everything I would ever want in a house.  Examples: swimming pool, gym, hot tub, master bathroom with his and hers closets, my closet being basically another room in itself, theater, game room, bar area, tree house for KB, HUGE kitchen…..then I would wake up and wipe the drool off my face.

The best part of my day...is when I pick up KB from the sitter after work.  The smile he gives me takes away all the crap magnet stress that work has caused me and makes everything all better again. 



I really don't understand...why people watch Honey Boo Boo.  I mean, if you really want to watch that crap, go to Walmart. (See below)


I get really annoyed...when I go to Walmart.  EVERY.TIME. People have no sense of what they are doing or where they are going when they are there, EVER!!!!  I can guarantee that, 1) someone will cut me off with their cart and 8 children, walk REAL slow blocking any way for me to get by them, causing me to get the red face, 2) someone will rip ass in the bread aisle and then act like nothing happened while I puke in my mouth, 3) someone will be wearing an outfit that is 10 sizes too small, and looks like they got it from a baby store in the 70s, and/or 4) I will pick the worst check-out lane and be stuck there for an extra 20 minutes while the flashing red light is beaming for someone to come fix whatever issue is going on at the register.  In the meantime, the person’s children will be screaming, crying, pooping, or all the above. 


There's nothing like a...cold shower after a long work out.  Like I have mentioned numerous times - I sweat like a beast.  If I work out and try to shower and get ready right afterwards there is no point, because I will continue to sweat, causing the need for another shower.  It’s ridic.  Maybe that’s why I can’t get myself to work out in the morning???? No, I am just le tired.

Lately, I can't get enough...Leine’s Summer Shandy.  I have been finding excuses to drink it all week long.  Oh, it’s Cinco de Mayo - I’ll take a Summer Shandy!  Oh, the weather is nice and the sun is out?  Let me celebrate by drinking a Summer Shandy!  What’s that you say - the sky is blue?  Well let me get my hands on a Summer Shandy!!  Tastes so good once it hits your lips!!!


One thing I am NOT is...on time with any sort of greeting card.  EVERY year I make a new year’s resolution to get my cards out on time and every year I fail.  What is wrong with me??  I mean, I buy them weeks in advance, and then they just sit there, I look at them daily, and then before I know it the holiday has passed, and I am sending out another late card.  It’s okay though, everyone in my family expects it at this point.  I think they would be really caught off guard if they actually got a card from me on time. 

I spent too much money on...celebrity gossip magazines.  Every time I go to the grocery store I get one.  Why not just get a subscription?  It would be much cheaper yet I still continue to buy one for $5/6 apiece.  Or, I could just look at E! online or US Weekly online for free. 

I want to learn....how to surf.  I have always wanted to learn and in my head I am really good.  I mean, I can wakeboard so I should be able to surf, no?  I have always been a fan of water sports and for some reason turn into a crazy ass and have no fear when it comes to getting pulled behind a boat on something.

If I ever met Will Ferrell, I would...probably spontaneously combust.  I would probably start throwing out quotes from his movies thinking I am hilarious, laughing like a crazy woman, and then get too excited and pass out. 

 
I can't stop...reading about the 3 women that were found in that house in Ohio that have been missing for 10+ years.  Thank God they are alive still!  I cannot imagine what they have gone through being trapped in that house and only wish that they can move on from this and continue their lives with the love of family and friends.  The whole story is mind boggling.

Never have I ever...liked coconuts.  I don’t like how they taste, how they smell, or anything.  YUCK!  Lotion, candles, and now coconut water?????  What has the world come to?  And don't get me started on Mound bars.  Never put that crap in my Halloween candy bag again!!!

Reese Witherspoon...can do no wrong.  I mean, have you not seen Man in the Moon?  Classic.  She said exactly what anyone else would have when she and her hubs got pulled over.  Now every time I get my buzz on I will be saying “do you know who I am???” to everyone I see - cab driver, bartender, friends, couch, pizza, lamp, etc.


Welp, that's all for now.  See ya later suckas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!