Thursday, May 16, 2013

Power-BALLIN'

On my way to work this morning, as I was staring directly into the sunlight because my shades are useless (I bought them for the looks and have regretted it ever since), I thought to myself “you should buy a Powerball today.”  After I answered myself with a “will do” the radio DJ chimed in and said “the Powerball jackpot is an estimated $475 million.”  Coincidence?  I think not.  What I DO think is that this means I am destined to be a Powerball winner.  With that said, I drove myself to the closest gas station.  I decided to let the machine pick the numbers, and I bought a ticket.  Don’t worry though, because I have numbers that I have come up with as well that I will be using to buy a second ticket later today or tomorrow.  I know, the chances of me winning are very slim….much like the odds of me getting to work on time, but I am an optimist and I think 2013 is the year of Devon.  Ever since I bought the ticket my mind keeps wandering to what I would do if I actually won.  Who I would tell first (other than my husband)?  Would I just up and leave work without saying anything or make up some crazy story as to why I can’t work anymore?  Would I throw a huge party and go on a 10 day bender? (probably not on the bender part, I have a baby - DUH!!!)  Many questions have rolled through my head this morning and I really want to answer them!
What would you do if you won?  Some say that they would HAVE to work because what else would they do?  Well I am going to start by telling you I am NOT one of those people.  I mean, who wants to sit all day at work while their millions are lonely and needing attention?  (Come here millions, I’ll hold you) Doesn’t sound right to me.  I could find plenty of things to keep me busy that do not have to do with working.  For example:
1)     Buy a huge house and then decorate it.  With all that money, this could take some time.  I would need to hire an interior designer, have multiple meetings about my “vision” for our house, then I would have to accompany our designer while he/she looks for furnishings, etc.  This is basically a full-time job in itself.  Maybe I would even try to hire that OCD designer from “Flipping Out” because as crazy as he is, he is REALLY good and I like his taste.  (I want 20% lemonade, 40% ice tea, and 40% Sprite.  If they don’t have Sprite, then I want 10% ice tea, 25% lemonade…..also, will you please talk to my cat, he is having a rough day?)  Then I would have to get Bud to be cool with how I want to decorate, which could also take some time.

2)    Hang out with Kamden.  I can never give him too many hugs or kisses and every time I am away from him, I wish I was with him.  So, taking care of him would take up most of my time.  Think of all the fun things we could do?  Go to the park, on walks, shopping, play games, etc.  That list is endless.

3)    Work out.  You know I would have my own gym and would be the most in-shape person ever if I had the time and money (umm yeah, okay - you still like beer and cheese).  I would work out daily, have a personal chef make all my meals, etc.  It would be awesome!!!  I would totally be on a show called the Real Housewives of Wisconsin.  Could you imagine?  Just cheese and beer everywhere, everything painted in green and gold (gross), and classy shopping trips to the Piggly Wiggly and Walmart.  Our ratings would clearly sky rocket. 

4)     Obviously I would have to go on shopping trips to NYC, Paris, Italy, Cali, etc.  I would definitely have to be up to speed with all the latest fashions.  And if I am going to Paris, I might as well make it worth my while and stay for a few weeks to really absorb the French culture.  Then while I am at it, I might as well just go on a European tour and visit the other countries like Germany, Poland (my home land!!!), Sweden, Greece, etc.  Gotta make the most of my trip! 
There is definitely much, much, more that I could list but this post would turn into a novel so I will stop here.  As you can see, I have thought a lot about myself winning the lottery.  It probably won’t happen but one can wish.  Now I must get back to my actual work that needs to be done while I laugh to myself about how this time next week I will be relaxing on a beach somewhere while I cuddle with my millions.


May the odds be ever in your favor

See ya later suckas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!