Monday, November 3, 2014

My plan for November

First off, can you believe it’s already November!!?!? As much as I am dreading the cold moving in, I am actually pretty happy that the holidays are coming up. I love Christmas and now that KB is a little older he will understand and hopefully be excited about it too! Also, the holidays always speed up the days so that should make the next couple months of my pregnancy fly! As grateful as I am to be pregnant, I am just not one that REALLY enjoys being pregnant. I just really like the final product. J
I have had some people ask me what my plan is when it comes to working out and eating healthy now that I am knocked up, so I figured I would share that with you here. It really isn’t much different than if I wasn’t pregnant, but I will be modifying a few things the further I get along. I have been doing the Les Mills Pump program since last March, and after I initially completed 1 round of the program (90 days), I decided that I would still incorporate the work-outs 2-3 times a week. I got amazing results from that program and it really opened my eyes to how beneficial strength training is, so I didn’t want to completely stop. The great thing about that program is that you are not using heavy weights but instead doing a lot of reps. Because of the lower weights, I can keep these work-outs going while pregnant. The work-outs are generally 30-45 minutes long (depending on which one you choose) and include lunges, squats, chest presses, bicep/tricep work, and ab work. I just skip the ab work-outs for now because, preggo. 
You may have already seen this if you follow me on Instagram @devonladu
Other than my Pump work-outs, I plan to run throughout my pregnancy. I love running and always feel great after I get in a few miles. It’s a nice stress reliever and I sweat buckets when I do it…so it’s kind of like a cleanse (or at least that is what I tell myself). J I started a “100 miles in 30 Days” challenge on Facebook where I am asking everyone who joins to run or walk 100 miles in the month of November. I kicked off my challenge on the 2nd and ran 5 miles.  
I was actually pretty impressed with that because I haven’t run more than 4 miles since before I got pregnant. Seriously, all the strength training has done wonders for my endurance and has given me a lot more strength in my legs. Hopefully I can keep up the running gig this month without getting too uncomfortable with my big ole belly. I came across a pregnancy sports bra that helps support the bellies of active moms so I will be looking into that. When I was pregnant with KB I stopped running around 5 months because my belly was bouncing around too much! Here is my typical work-out schedule for the week this month:
                *MONDAY: 30 minutes of PUMP, Run 4 miles
                *TUESDAY: Run 5 miles
                *WEDNESDAY: 30 minutes of PUMP, run 4 miles
                *THURSDAY: Run 5 miles
                *FRIDAY: 30 minutes of PUMP, run 4 miles
                *SATURDAY: 45 minutes of PUMP, run 2 miles
                *SUNDAY: REST
If I can at least keep up the running for this month, I will end the 30 days at 101 miles. That is going to be my main focus so if there are days I don’t get a Pump work-out in, I will be okay with that.
Now onto nutrition….This is something I struggle with and have always struggled with. I was doing pretty good before I got pregnant, but have definitely splurged more lately. I still eat pretty clean 70-80% of the time, which is a far cry from eating mini donuts every morning like I did when I was pregnant with KB! I gained 45 pounds with him and do not plan to do that again! Shooting for 25-30 this time around. I know nutrition is the most important part so I am really trying to do better this time. I am focusing on getting 100 oz of water in per day, eating 5 meals and containing myself when it comes to sweets. I typically eat a lot of yogurt, fruit, chicken, fish, rice, veggies, PEANUT BUTTER, and nuts. Peanut butter has definitely been my weakness lately. Especially since KB could live off of PB&J's and I am constantly making them for him…..
So, that’s my plan! I am feeling really good so far this pregnancy and I really think it’s because I have kept up my work-outs. It helps me sleep better, feel better, and overall I have more energy. Yes, I still have days where I just want to curl up on the couch and not move, but I have a 2 year old and that’s just not going to happen.
Now, I will leave you with some pics from Halloween. KB was the cutest little elephant I have ever seen! :)

All the boys!

 

Happy Motivation Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!