Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pop Quiz Hot Shot!

I came across a little pregnancy quiz that I thought would be fun to do throughout this go around. I never really documented things the first time, and figured I would rely on my trusty memory…which turns out, isn’t so trusty. I still have yet to put together a baby book for KB…I know, I know…horrible. One of these days I will do it but to save myself a little stress and agony of trying to remember with baby #2, I am going to document things a little better. So here goes!

18 weeks and a spaghetti lunch

How far along are you? As of today I am 18 weeks! Can’t wait to find out what this little nugget is inside of me in a couple weeks! I am really antsy about it…like, it’s all I can think about. I would love to have a little girl but I will be so happy either way. Praying for a healthy and happy baby!

How I’m feeling: Up until about 13-14 weeks I was pretty nauseous all the time and really tired. Not easy when you have a 2 year old to chase around! I miss the days where I could just come home from work and take a nap. Ahhhh, memories. J But, lately I have been feeling really good. For the most part it doesn’t even feel like I am pregnant…other than seeing my growing belly.

Total weight gain: So far I am up about 4 pounds. I have been really trying to eat healthy and work out so far and that has totally helped. I have splurged a lot more than I was before I got pregnant, but overall I am doing MUCH better than I did the first time I was pregnant. I mean, I would eat donuts daily with KB. Not.good. I had such a sweet tooth with him, and I do this time around, but I just keep thinking about how hard it was to lose the baby weight so it’s helping me refrain from eating ALL THE DONUTS.

How big is baby? According to a couple sites I have seen it’s the size of a bell pepper or chicken breast. Which is really weird to think about while making chicken stir fry, FYI. He/she weighs 5 oz and is starting to look like an actual baby vs a little blob more and more each day.

Maternity clothes: I am not wearing them yet but I know it will be happening soon. Luckily a lot of my pants sit low, below the belly, so I have been able to wear them so far no problem. When I was pregnant with KB I was the biggest over the summer and this time around it will be winter, so I will be getting a few different staples this winter to get me through. I have been pinning maternity fashion on Pinterest like a crazy lady lately so I am hoping I can stay fashionable while I’m at it!

Sleep: Sleep is great when I get it! I am a night owl and I hate waking up early, but am forced to every day. Like I said, I miss naps. Glorious, lovely, naps. Other than having to pee every night around 2/3am, I sleep pretty good.

Best moment this week: Running outside in Florida for about 4 miles. I haven’t lost my endurance, which is great! I don’t feel uncomfortable yet and it just felt awesome to get in a good, sweaty run. Also, laying in the sun Saturday was amazing. I don’t think I did that all summer long.

Movement: I have felt some light kicks for the last couple weeks for sure. Since this is my 2nd, I have been able to pick up on the movement a bit easier than the first time around.

Food cravings: Peanut butter anything (but that is nothing new) and candy. Halloween is not making it easy on me these days.

Food aversions: Nothing so far. With KB I tried goat cheese for the first time and wanted to yack. I still don’t like it and honestly don’t like to think about it, but otherwise that’s it.

Belly button in or out: It’s in! It never popped out last time so I am hoping that’s the case. I have a belly button piercing so I can see that it’s definitely stretching.

What I Miss: Wine. Enough said.

What I’m looking forward to: The gender reveal! I want to get a cake made so we can find out with our family around. I am so emotional that I am already tearing up thinking about it. J

Milestone: I don’t really have one right now. We have a lot of stuff from KB so unless we have a girl, we won’t have to buy much. KB is finally understanding there is a brother or sister in my belly, so I guess we could call that a milestone. J Before he thought baby Emmy was in my tummy (my friend’s baby daughter that goes to his daycare).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!