Monday, November 10, 2014

Unpacking the pounds for the holidays

As a health and fitness coach, I help people stay active and healthy by running private, online accountability challenge groups through Facebook. In my groups, we focus on clean eating and working out for 30-60 days. By providing accountability, motivation, support and nutritional guidance for the 30-60 days, I have found that my challengers are able to create a habit that will carry on long after the challenge ends; and if not, they jump into a new challenge.  
Starting an exercise routine and healthy diet is hard… especially when you have never done it before. Even those that have done this before, but maybe recently fell off the wagon and need a jump-start; have a hard time getting back to it. Life gets busy….especially as we get older….with jobs, kids, activities, every day errands and duties, holidays, sports, etc. It’s so easy to put ourselves on the back-burner during these times. And where are we supposed to fit in a work out? How are we supposed to pay for a gym membership? It can be HARD to figure this out on your own and to find the support to do so.
The beauty of my challenge groups is that everything is figured out for you. I get that it’s hard to get started on your own so I want to make it as easy as possible for you! Generally the work outs we do are around 30 minutes long and do not require any equipment AND can be done in your home. That makes working out non-negotiable because EVERYONE can spare 30 minutes in their day. Whether they are waking up 30 minutes earlier or getting it in after the kids go to bed, it can be done! As far as meal plans - we provide those too! We have grocery lists, weekly plans and meal ideas. I really believe that once you have a plan, you will not fail. And that is why the group is helpful. We will teach you how to plan out your meals each week so that you are set up for success. This also takes the guess-work out of what meals to make during the week when you are already busy enough!
In my last few challenge groups I have seen my challengers get AMAZING results! That is what keeps me going and makes these groups so fun to run! One of my ladies lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks and 2 other ladies each lost 12 inches off their body! I think one of my favorite messages I have received was that my challenger, who is diabetic, went for her regular check-up with her doctor and was told her blood sugar levels are the lowest they have ever been!  How awesome is that!!??! I have had so many people comment on how they have found confidence again and energy they have never had, just by adding in a work out and eating clean. It can change your life in so many ways!
If you are looking for a place to start your weight loss journey, or a place that will help you get back on track with your health, then maybe one of my challenge groups would be the perfect solution for you. If you want more information or have any questions, please add me on Facebook at http://facebook.com/devon.hardel. I would love to learn more about you and to see if my challenge group would be the right fit for you! My next challenge starts on November 17th!
The holidays are fast approaching and I know how easy it is to say you will start after the New Year. But that is over a month and a half away! That’s a month and a half that you could be starting your own fitness journey and getting that far ahead of the game! Can you imagine ending the holiday season and rocking that NYE dress? Going into the New Year weighing less than you do now? Don’t put yourself on the back-burner this holiday season and give yourself the best gift of all - HEALTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!