Monday, November 17, 2014

Why Shakeology?

I got serious about my health when I started coaching last March. As you may have read, I started coaching by purchasing the Les Mills Pump challenge pack (Les Mills Pump program + 30 days’ worth of Shakeology).  At the time, I didn’t really give much thought about Shakeology because I just wanted to be a coach (I signed up to coach by ordering a challenge pack) and have the Les Mills Pump program; so to me, it didn’t really matter either way that this also included the shakes. I wasn’t a shake person. I was not about to drink my meals every day (I REALLY like food) and initially thought they would be a waste of money. I had no idea what these shakes even were made of and I figured if anything, I would give them a shot for a month and never touch the stuff afterwards.
When my program arrived in the mail I was PUMPED (pun intended) to start my work out routine! I took all the contents out of the box (DVDs, nutrition guide, barbell, weights, etc.) and there it was…. the box of Shakeology packets. I decided to try a variety pack of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I pretty much brushed that box to the side and went about setting up my weights for my first Pump work out. After my first work out I noticed there was a little commercial talking about Shakeology and the benefits, how good it was for you, blah blah blah, and figured I might as well give it a shot. I needed something to eat after my work out anyway, so why not give it a whirl. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to making shakes, so I just mixed my chocolate packet with water and started chugging. My first initial thought was that it didn’t taste that bad and actually tasted kind of good. I drank it pretty fast and afterwards felt pretty good. I felt replenished from my work out and didn’t feel the need to snack on anything more. That was a win for me because I am typically starving after a work-out.
The first few days of drinking Shakeology I didn’t really notice much of a difference in how I felt, other than that I wasn’t as hungry between meals. I was using the shakes as a mid-morning snack or afternoon snack because I was also eating clean and they came in handy when I was craving something sweet. At that point I was just happy they were keeping me from buying peanut M&Ms from the vending machine at work. By day 4 I really started to notice my energy levels increasing and just overall felt good. I can’t really explain it. I just felt healthier. So I continued drinking them daily… mostly as snacks but would also have them as a quick breakfast some days. They are just so easy to put together when you are in a time crunch. By the end of the 30 days I was hooked. My hair looked better, my skin was clearer, and overall I just felt great. Better than I had in a really long time. I knew they were a big reason I felt that way and knew that I didn’t want to stop drinking them. So, I ordered another 30 day supply and have every single month since.
You are probably thinking “that’s great and all, but are these shakes really worth the money?”  I actually get asked that all the time and the answer is “YES!” If someone is eating healthy and looking to make a meal, generally that meal will cost anywhere between $4 and $7. The price for Shakeology breaks down to $4/day. That is the price of a grande-sized drink at Starbucks or a meal at McDonalds but is WAY healthier for you and doesn’t leave you feeling guilty afterwards! Shakeology can replace any meal you would like because it’s nutrient-dense and includes 70 different fruits and veggies (whole foods), fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, prebiotics, probiotics, and protein. It’s basically a super-charged multi-vitamin. Some benefits that come from drinking Shakeology are clearer skin, weight loss, healthier hair and nails, increased energy levels, lower cholesterol, lower blood sugar, reduced junk food cravings, and helps aid in digestion….to name a few. J
**Click here for more info on Shakeology.
I know weight-loss is a big interest for a lot of people, ESPECIALLY with New Year’s right around the corner. I personally know Shakeology helped me shed 15 pounds by reducing my junk food cravings and helping me stay on track with my clean eating. I know these shakes will come in handy as I detox myself from all the pumpkin pie, cookies, cakes, etc. this holiday season!
If you have questions about Shakeology or want to try it out yourself, feel free to comment below or shoot me an email at devonladu@gmail.com. My next health and fitness challenge group starts today with another one starting on December 1st!


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!