Thursday, September 12, 2013

3 Years

Last Wednesday, September 4th, my husband and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary.  I remember in the past always wanting to do something extra special to celebrate our anniversaries.  Movie, dinner, gifts - something we don’t normally do on a regular basis.  I had always built up these expectations of having the perfect date night. 
Fast forward to today and a kid later - that is not going to happen.  We decided that we did not want to get a babysitter since it was a week night, and that we would bring Kamden with us to dinner.  We ended up keeping it low-key and went to Texas Roadhouse.  As we were getting Kamden strapped into the highchair at our table, the waitress came up and immediately asked us if we were ready to order.  Umm, hello we have only been here about 2 minutes and we are clearly still getting situated.   So we told her that we needed some more time.   Literally 2 minutes later she came back and asked us again.  Seriously chica.  We hadn’t even opened our menus yet.  Pretty annoying since it was not that busy at all.  We think the server had a 1 table limit or something so my husband named her “helicopter waitress.” Haha.  Anyway, we ordered a few minutes later and got our dinner.  About 5-10 minutes into our meals the waitress came back and asked us about dessert and then dropped our bill off right then and there.  WTF?  Why does she want us to leave so fast!!??  What if after polishing of my filet medallions I decide I want dessert?  Or an after dinner drink??  Then what!!??   So we eventually finished up our meals and left.   Kind of put a damper on our night but overall I still had a great dinner. 
Getting rushed through dinner wasn't great but spending time with Bud and Kamden was.  Just watching them together I couldn’t help but think how blessed I am.  Blessed to have such a great husband that is such a good daddy to Kamden.  Blessed to have a healthy baby boy that lights up any room with his smile.  Blessed to be able to go out to dinner in the first place.  There are so many other people in the world that don’t get to celebrate anniversaries by going out to dinner or even have a good meal in general.  So even though I complain about the service that night, I am so grateful I was able to celebrate at all.  I consider it our best anniversary to date because it was us.  It was not out of the ordinary but it was just how we roll, rushed or not.
Bud and I talked about all we have accomplished in the last 3 years and it was pretty cool to reflect.  We have so many things we want in life and sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in that and not realize how far we have already come.  I have had such a fun ride and I cannot wait to see where it will take us next.  Cheers to many, many more years with my Budder Cup.  J  (FYI - that is not what I call him normally but it just works here.)
And because no post is complete without an array of pictures, here you go...Bud and I throughout the years:





















Happy Thursday and almost Friday!

~Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away, I love it!